Random Acts Of Kindness Day is Wednesday, February 17, 2021.
Why would we participate in random acts of kindness just once a year when you can be kind on a DAILY basis!
It can be easy to miss opportunities to be kind to others and you might not even realize what you’re missing.
People who focus on kindness have more kindness in their lives, as well!
How does it return? Somehow the universe keeps the score!
You might not receive kindness from the same person you offered it to. And it may not be returned today, this week, or this month. But it happens.
What if acts of kindness aren’t “random,” but instead, your intentional way to live?
Regardless of what you learned by example in your family of origin, you can be consciously aware of kindness as an adult. Kindness will improve your life, your attitude, and your friends and family… and their lives!
Oh, but you’ve had a bad day? Well, what are you going to DO about that?
If you’re feeling grumpy, it’s an especially GREAT day to be kind! You’ll feel better as soon as you do something kind for someone.
All excuses be gone!
YOU can set an example for others from this day forward!
Here is a list of 17 ideas to help you make a kindness habit EVERY day. Don’t wait! Today is a great day to start!
- Pick up litter outside – on the street, at a park, or anywhere!
- Give a compliment
- Donate anonymously
- Hold the door open for someone
- Shovel a neighbor’s driveway on a snowy day
- Leave your server a generous tip (regardless of how well they served)
- Spend a day turning all conversations around in a positive direction
- Make an inspiring post on social media
- Take the time to call someone and listen to them
- Feed the birds
- Send a book you have just finished and enjoyed to a friend
- Tell a supervisor about their employee’s good behavior
- Donate supplies to an animal shelter or homeless shelter
- Leave your favorite inspirational quote tucked into the pages of a library book
- Put your phone out of sight and on silent mode when you’re with someone
- Return a grocery cart into the store
- Call someone who might be lonely – Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, or a neighbor
Share your thoughts in the comment box below…
Do you use kindness to enjoy a better life for yourself?
Any other kind ideas you would like to share?