The Look of Confidence Is Important To Your Well-Being And Here’s Why
Your “look” makes a difference, to yourself and others. When confidence is down – whether for moments, days, or years – your impression changes. You might see yourself in the mirror and ask yourself… What happened? Why do I look tired? Old? Unhappy? Overweight? Thin? Grumpy?
Don’t get stuck there. You can project self-confidence, even when it’s not internalized. And from there, you will rebuild your true inner confidence once more.
Why Project Confidence?
Benefits to appearing self-confident are substantial, even if you feel like you’re faking it.
- More people are naturally attracted to you
- People find you more interesting and likable
- You are perceived as credible
- Your appearance induces a higher level of respect
- Criminals won’t mess with your “type”
- Looking confident creates a sense of controlling your own destiny
What Does Confidence Look Like?
Confidence looks poised and assertive, calm, and ready for whatever comes.
- Always wear appropriate clothing, but when in doubt, dress up
- Practice a warm and friendly smile
- Keep clean hair, skin, nails, and clothing
- Position your chin high enough to maintain level eye contact
- Walk with a decisive stride without shuffling the feet
What Does Confidence Act Like?
Confidence displays specific behaviors that exude high energy.
- Give a firm handshake with an enthusiastic greeting
- Exemplify your best manners
- Articulate well by speaking slowly and clearly
- Make listening your priority in a conversation
- Let no external situation control your thoughts
- Find something genuinely kind to say to everyone
- Welcome new and different experiences to your life
How to Really Be Confident?
Confidence becomes owned with repetition of behaviors and controlled thoughts. The adage “fake it until you make it” means you can be proactive until your confidence is real.
Reinvent yourself in your own unique way. Get out of your comfort zone and try new things, starting today!
Teach to learn! As you teach your children, grandchildren, or young friends about feeling empowered, you’ll find your own confidence growing.
And, remember to associate with happy and confident people. Personal power is contagious!
Share your thoughts in the comment box below…
What will YOU do today to appear more confident?
Did you dress up to be the person you want to be today?
If you want to know more about empowerment, you can sign up for a FREE empowerment workshop by clicking HERE.
This post is updated from October 2019