2020 is the BEST Year to Prioritize a Healthy Weight!
Why wait any longer? Why keep your excuses? Prioritize a healthy body weight in 2020! Each previous day’s activity, or lack of it, is now paying you back with compounding interest.
TODAY you are deciding on the quality of the rest of your days.
Here are 3 Strategies to Help You Prioritize a Healthy Weight
1) Know What You WANT for Your Life!
You want… to feel good, look better, improve complexion, hair, and nails, energy levels, and sleep quality, right? You want to feel good and look good, receive compliments, and spring out of bed because you have a great day planned, don’t you?
You don’t want… health issues from a weak and overburdened immune system, joint pain, lack of energy, problems sleeping and apnea, increased risk of chronic disease, pulmonary and cardiac problems, diabetes, arthritis, and stroke. Heck no!
You want… to enjoy activities with family and friends, or grandchildren, walk without exhaustion, learn new things, play games, and laugh! You want to live independently with control over how you plan your days, set your own goals, and put social engagements on the calendar!
You don’t want… a higher likelihood of surgery that also carries a high risk of postoperative complications, a dull, boring life with an inability to live independently. You don’t want a spouse, family member, or paid caregiver helping you with your activities of daily living like bathing, eating, dressing. And you definitely don’t want to miss social invitations because of your limitations!
2) Create a Plan that Works
- Keep a journal. Just keeping a food diary is proven to help with weight loss.
- Eat real food… food without a big ingredients list! Eat for nutrition and the weight loss will follow.
- Get enough sleep. Ample quality sleep helps with a healthy weight. And, a good night’s sleep energizes you for the next day!
- Limit eating to 10-12 hours of the day, then stop early in the evening.
- Rev up your metabolism with exercise. Build some muscle so you feel good when you look in the mirror!
- Feel empowered with the right kind of thinking! CLICK here to learn more!
3) Find an Accountability Partner
Your friends make a difference in your health and wellbeing – for better and for worse! Find an accountability partner for weight loss or maintenance. Better yet, have a competition together! Talk, text, or email daily or a few times a week to compare results. Intentionally choose healthy and active friends!
Share your thoughts in the comment box below…
Do you feel strong and healthy?
Do you need to recommit to a healthier lifestyle? What’s holding you back?
Do you want to live a full and active life for the rest of your days?
This article edited and reposted from September 26, 2019