This year’s No Sugar Challenge officially ended on January 31 but stay tuned for MORE Challenges coming up!
In a group challenge, you’re not alone AND prizes can help with motivation, too!
Here is a quick summary of 30 days of No Sugar to refer back to. You can recommit and eliminate or reduce sugar at any time!
- Start with your commitment to reduce or eliminate sugar
- Decide on your strategy: Quit cold turkey or taper off
- Clean out the refrigerator and cupboards.
- Start reading labels to look for hidden sugars:
- Remember that about 4 grams of sugar equals a teaspoon
- Fruit juices, baked goods, low-fat or diet foods, cereals and breads, packaged foods, yogurts, condiments, and processed meats probably have more sugar than you realized
- Sugar hides by many names: corn syrup, molasses, agave nectar, barley malt, rice syrup, fructose, galactose, and many more
- Increase fluids, like water, herbal teas, or sparkling water to help flush the toxins to reduce cravings. Begin with a healthy breakfast, adding protein at the start of each day
- Recognize the symptoms of sugar withdrawal: Lack of energy, lethargy, headaches, shakiness, muscle pain, problems sleeping, chills, nausea, gas, and bloating
Refer back to The No Sugar Challenger page anytime!
Testimonials were added to the bottom of the No Sugar Challenge page! Thank you to the brave Challengers!