You’re NEVER too old to create remarkable life experiences
Remarkable life experiences might not happen unless you make them happen. Life is to be explored and experienced and it happens by design.
You could float through life without specific dreams for the future but you know deep down that’s just an equation for mediocrity and boredom. When you live by design, you know exactly who you are and who you want to be. You know what you want to do in the future and you intentionally go after it.
You’re NOT wasting time looking longingly at the past when you’re spending time creating your future. You’re NOT making excuses when you’re making plans instead!
- When I lose this extra weight
- After my knee replacement
- If I score an inheritance
- When I have more time
- When I find a perfect relationship
- After the kids (or my own) college debt is paid
- When I retire
- When the kids leave the house
- When I get the promotion
- If I win the lottery
- When the weather is better
- After I take care of my sick parents
What would you do if your thinking changed?
What if you removed your list of excuses and focused on all you really could do now? What if you spent time feeling unlimited? Then, what would you do?
What might you choose to do if you felt unlimited by what other people said or thought?
What might you choose if you didn’t let fear stop you before you even got started?
Here’s a fun list of things that would be remarkable experiences to some people and not so good to others. Which ones are YOUR favorites?
- Adopt a pet from a shelter
- Visit Niagara Falls
- Work in a soup kitchen for a day and talk with those you serve
- Give away a favorite piece of jewelry to someone you love
- Attend a high school reunion
- Stay up all night and watch the sun come up
- Go skinny dipping
- Visit where your parents grew up
- Go to a live concert or sporting event
- Grow a vegetable or flower garden
- Have your portrait painted
- Test drive a Ferrari or any car that you think is out of reach
- Enjoy a one-night stand
- Fast for a day
- Find a mentor/be a mentor
- Conquer a fear
- Take ballroom dancing lessons
- Visit a city where they don’t speak your language
- Throw yourself a birthday party where it’s all done your way
- Get the real experience of a country by staying with someone who lives there
- Fly first class
- Stay at a dude ranch in the mountains
- Make a dramatic hair style change
- Host a fabulous dinner party
- Fly across an ocean
- Jump off a cliff into the water
- Visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Refrain from electronics for a month (or even a weekend)
- Go without internet for a month
- Give a public presentation or perform publicly
Please share your thoughts in the comment box below…
Are you living by design or excuses?
What would you be doing if you didn’t worry about what people thought or said?
What would life look like for you if you let go of fear or any other limiting thoughts?
Want to consider this subject more? Click to read about what retirement might look like for you.
2 thoughts on “Remarkable Life Experiences Can Start Now”
Kathy, I turned 70 last week! The week before my birthday we flew to LA to see Christopher and family. One evening we hiked up a mountain outside LA to watch the sunset – it was gorgeous!
I believe that if I want to be moving around when I’m 90, (my parents lived to be 97 and 99) I must keep moving in my 70’s. So, I walk almost 2 miles 3-4 times a week.
I enjoy your posts, my long time friend!
Comments are closed.