Just say NO to gloom and doom today. Put on those rose-colored glasses and DO something to make it a good day because happiness IS a choice!
If you don’t have anything good to say… keep your “social distance” even further!
Optimism is Contagious, Too!
Be the one who lights up the room, even if nobody else is there with you. Make it a point to be the LIGHT that shines brightly.
“SOMEDAY” Is Here!
Remember all those things you were going to do someday? Well, let’s get going! There are probably even bucket list items that can be accomplished now! Here are some things you might consider DOING right now instead of choosing to feel isolated and lonely:
- Go through the magazine pile. Read and/or discard them.
- Clear out your email inbox.
- Make a list of people you haven’t talked with for a while and start dialing!
- Read a good book.
- Clean a closet.
- Start a new hobby OR finish one!
- Plant seeds indoors.
- Get artsy: Draw or paint.
- Sort out and scan old photos. Label them with names, dates, and locations.
- Learn a new language. Duolingo is easy and fun!
- Take a free online course.
- Try new healthy recipes.
- Write letters.
- Paint a room or do some touch-up.
- Purge the file cabinet.
- Get a headstart on gardening.
- Clean mirrors and windows.
- Write down family stories.
- Work on the family tree.
- Learn how to Skype, Zoom, or Facetime so you can SEE your family and friends.
I was NOT ALLOWED to say I was “bored” as a child. I’m thankful for that now. I remember my mother saying,
“People who are BORED are BORING.”
… and then she’d say, “Now get out of here and go do something!”
You might not even realize how creative or artistic you can be unless you try, so get on it!
And, don’t allow yourself to be discouraged by toxic people right now! Just say NO to negativity!
Share your thoughts in the comment box below…
What are YOU doing to be intentionally happy today?
Are you putting on your rose-colored glasses and sharing your optimism with others?