You’re Never Too Old for New Friends!
Make this your mindset! What’s happening around you isn’t as important as what you are telling yourself! In other words, your beliefs determine your actions.
Goals Determine Behaviors
One subscriber said, “I recently retired and I no longer see my work friends. I guess I need to find a new circle of friends, but I don’t know how to make that happen, especially at this age.”
You’re Not Alone
Many people think they’re too old for new friends. Nonetheless, if you are willing and able to make the effort, you’ll find friends quickly! Read the following tips for manifesting the friends you want!
8 Ways to Make New Friends
These 8 suggestions will remind you that you’re never too old to make new friends – of all ages! Find new acquaintances that could become your next best friends!
- Commit to taking action. Others might feel too shy or disempowered. Either way, you have good reason to take initiative and you’ll gain even more confidence once you do.
- What do you like to do? Check out the local newspaper for meetings, outdoor events, and gatherings that would offer you like-minded pals. With access to virtual software, you can connect with people all over the world!
- Do you like watching movies, comedy shows, or theater? Find something you like, then ask someone to go with you – or tune in at the same time! One woman told me that she and a friend watch TV shows together from their own homes and keep their phones on “speaker” so they can talk and laugh together!
- Volunteer! Help a cause you believe in and there are still plenty of opportunities. Some things can be done from your own home, too. Bonus: It feels extra good when you feel like a do-gooder!
- Learn something new. Libraries have tremendous opportunities for programs and presentations. They have virtual classes on a myriad of interesting topics! You can meet people virtually, then take your friendship offline!
- Call your local Council on Aging to see if they have group activities you can attend, virtually or in person.
- Join a gym. This healthy activity puts you in the proximity of other people who want strong bodies, too.
- Does your local hobby store have classes? Be creative while meeting new people at the same time!
Isolation Isn’t Healthy
Remember that isolation is dangerous, but friends are fun!
It might be easier seeking out friends with similar interests but they don’t have to be just like you. People of all ages and interests will expand your life and perspective!
Please share your thoughts in the comment box below…
When is the last time YOU tried to make new friends?
Do you think you may have been limiting yourself?
Do you make an effort to be around friends of all ages?
What if you have the wrong kind of friends? Here are 5 ways to deal with toxic friends and family!