YOU are a Polished Jewel
You have been tumbled into a gem, which has created your brilliance and shine. From youth to old age, circumstances have brought out the characteristics that weren’t initially obvious. Now, you MUST treat yourself as a jewel and expose your beauty.
Think of Gems as Gifts
Gems are multi-faceted and precious. They are admired for their beauty and have been given as gifts since the beginning of time. YOU are a gem, so how can YOU share yourself as a GIFT?
It’s the GIVING of self that will remind you of your inner beauty and clarity.
Have You been Feeling Soft?
REMEMBER: Softer gems can be scratched when kept in the same bag as the harder ones. All gems are unique and you can’t expect them to have the same degree of hardness. Diamonds and pearls are both treasured stones. Nonetheless, if these two stones are rubbed against each other, the pearl may become damaged.
YOU may need to separate yourself from the harder stones to bring your inherent beauty and luster back and gently rub away at the marks that were left. Some will only be scuffs. Once you are mindfully caring for this gem, you may be surprised at the renewed shine!
Ways to Bring Back the SHINE Once More:
- Write a note, email, or letter to someone and tell them they are important. Email Info@AgingGracefully.TV to request a pack of 5 You Are A Gem postcards that you can mail out to make yourself and others feel good.
- Write an entire page of paper filled with things you can be grateful for. Yes, an ENTIRE page.
- Make a phone call to someone who might be lonely. Do NOT talk about yourself. Ask questions and LISTEN.
- Use your talent TODAY. Paint, sing, write, plant, or do anything that you truly ENJOY.
- Learn something new. LEARN something that excites you and is interesting.
- Give a genuine compliment to everyone you see today.
Don’t be the unworn and unseen jewel sitting in a box or drawer.
TODAY You Can SHINE because
YOU are a Gem!
Share your thoughts in the comments box below…
Have you been lacking luster lately?
Did this article help you remember you are valuable?
What will you do for SOMEONE ELSE today?